Mr. Owen recently completed the Investigation of Motorcycle Crashes course offered by the Institute of Police Technology and Management through the University of North Florida. The course is offered to experienced traffic crash investigators.
Topics discussed during the five day course included:
- Analyzing and interpreting the motorcycle crash scene
- Determining acceleration and deceleration characteristics of the motorcycle
- Analyzing and interpreting modes of instability and handling characteristics in motorcycle
- Interpreting the operator factor
- Reviewing motorcycle tires, helmets and other equipment
- Application of formulas to specific situations